Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Pride of all the South

I have been at Camp Rockmont for the past month and the summer has been amazing thus far. I am in the oldest tribe and in a cabin with eight rising 8th and 9th graders. Two summers ago I worked with rising fourth graders and after working with my current age group I enjoy it tons more and I believe my skills are better suited for them.
Tribal Campout

Currently I teach Bible Study and assist in Fly Fishing. My summer goal was to learn how to flyfish and I am slowly achieving this feat. In regards to Bible Study, I was asked to lead this a few days before the boys arrived. I had heard the old adage "God doesn't call the prepared he prepares the called" many times, but this summer I have seen it come true in my life.

Making the summer even better, I have Salem Camp Meeting to look forward to beginning July 11
Facebook Event Here

1 comment:

Samantha said...

glad you're having fun!!!! we miss you, but i am so glad that those boys have YOU in their lives this summer!!!