Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Presidential

It is hard to put into words the feelings I had when President Bush's motorcade pulled into Paladin Stadium.

The stands erupted and as I turned around from the press box I saw the Furman community on their feet welcoming the President. Soon after, I heard the reports of the thousands of citizens who lined Poinsett Highway welcoming his motorcade. Suddenly the 50 people on campus who dissented seemed pretty insignificant. After all of the anticipation, excitement, stress, debate, and controversy I was more proud than ever to be a student at Furman University.

His speech was very well done and was filled with hilarity, humility, and insight for our futures.



Some of the shots I got:






Update: Furman Magazine Article and Furman Photographer's Gallery of Commencement