Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Move on down the road

Today is departure day from London. It is quite bittersweet - London has been a great city and we have all loved it as we lived, toured around, and gained so much knowledge. But, after living in a “tourist class” hotel for 39 nights and sightseeing every single day I think I am ready for a change of scenery. It is hard leaving the now familiar behind as we pack our bags to travel in Italy for the next week and leave half the group behind to study in Stratford while we continue on to the continent.

Last week we took a tour of Cambridge and got to go punting on the river. You can see that and my other final pictures from London now on my Picasa site. Also, on the next to last day I got to see the Queen as she and King Abdullah from Saudi Arabia made their way down the royal mile for a meeting – which was greeted by loud protesters yelling behind me, mainly about the poor horses that were being used in the ceremony. You may also notice in the photos I finally got a haircut. After two of the guys on the trip (Andrew and Keith) got their hair messed up by local salons, I was nervous, but luckily my barber lived in Florida for a few years so he knew what I was looking for.

Keith, Rachel, and I rode the London Eye and saw the city from a new perspective on our last night in town. It was tough thinking that was the last time I’ll see many of those places for a while, but life goes on as must I.


1 comment:

Samantha said...

jonathan, you take amazing pictures. i am blown away. i think i mentioned that.