Sunday, October 21, 2007

London is getting cold

The other day I checked my inbox for my youtube account, which I rarely use. I found I had a message from a reporter at the Asheville Citizen-Times. It was regarding the “Appalachian is HOT HOT HOT” video which I uploaded onto youtube a couple years back. I knew it had a great deal of hits but I had no idea I was the first one to put it on the site. Unbeknownst to me, the video I uploaded had been featured on VH1, NPR, and was the debate at some Appalachian State faculty meetings. I called the reporter from London and we did an interview from which she based some of her article.

I originally posted the video I downloaded from the school’s website before we played them in the National Semi-Finals in 2005. I hoped it would boost our morale going into the game and lower their school spirit and reputation. I’m not sure which is worse for Appalachian State – this video or the fact that Miss Teen South Carolina now attends there.

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200771020048

Here is the link to the video (if you’re one of the few that hasn’t seen it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

2 comments:

Molly said...

u r ridiculous for getting in a newspaper based on a "hot hot hot" clip you posted on youtube. just like u are ridiculous for trying to get some sweet innocent play-goers to believe you and keith are brothers separated at birth. and when i say ridiculous, of course i mean awesome.

Samantha said...

if there were ever a moment that i was cursing still being on dial-up (what's that, you say?), it's now. i have to see this youtube thing.