Friday, December 7, 2007

My land

After stepping off the plane I knew I was back in the land of greatness. I met and hugged my mom at baggage claim and we went off to my requested first stop. Bojangles. There I had a cajun chicken biscuit, a sweet tea, and a Boberry biscuit. If you've never had that combination you really haven't experienced the abundant life we are promised here, so make an effort to go soon.

Paris was simply an amazing city. It may be one of my favorites just because it is freshest in my mind but the weather was great, the people were friendly, and the sites were stunning. Check out my photos for everything I did. I loved La Basilique de Sacre Coeur, the large white church that overlooks the city, and I spent one day outside visiting there, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc De Triumph, and other sites.
The second day we visited Le Louvre and Musee D'Orsay which were free that day so every tourist and their Asian cousin were there. These were our last museums of the whole trip and after a couple hours in Le Louvre we were ready to go. The crowds were massive and we saw Mona Lisa and other famous works and we just couldn't handle any more of it.

Our last night in Paris Dr. Nelsen bought us crepes and then a group of us went and played frisbee under the Eiffel tower. It was raining but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity so we went for it. We tried to go to the top of the tower, but it was closed so we successfully made it to the second level where I felt like I was going to blow off. I'm not too worried about not making it to the top, I know I'll be back to Paris one day.

No comments: